Skip to main content
Kumar Gaurav on the disjointed Dutt clan. 

The rift between Sanjay Dutt and his sisters, Namrata and Priya, is common knowledge. And now it's been told that it was Sanju's decision to join the Samajwadi party that cost him his relationship with sisters. Priya, an active congress member, wanted Sanju to carry forward the legacy of being a Congress member. Their late father Sunil Dutt was a Congress member. This caused the already strained relationship to break. 

Till now Manyata was blamed as the reason for disharmony among the Dutts. A source close to the Dutts elaborated, "It was Sanjay's decision to join SP that did not go down well with his sisters, particularly Priya. As for Manyata, if Sanju is happy with Manyata, Namrata and Priya are also happy for him. Only they don't want Sanjay to be too pushy about her  acceptance as respect can't be demanded."


Sanjay Dutt's once upon a time good friend Kumar Gaurav and brother-in-law too has always been a silent spectator of the disoriented family ties. 
Kumar Gaurav's relationship with Sanju has also succumbed to the changing circumstances. They are no longer the thick pals they once were. 

Kumar Gaurav spoke about his relationship with Sanju. Without highlighting any trace of bitterness, Gaurav said diplomatically, "We still call up with each other once in 8-10 days. But yes, we don't spend that much time together, as we did long ago." 

Kumar Gaurav attributes the distancing from Sanjay to their being busy with their respective lives. Gaurav clarified, "Sanju is still part of my family today. We have known each other since years. But I don't want to comment on that. After he was released from jail, he went to live separately, while I went on to stay in Juhu. So life changed and we couldn't meet as often as before. Now at least, we stay in the same building (Imperial Heights). So, we bump into each other more often." 

However when asked that what his equation with Sanjay's wife Manyata was, Gaurav was more forthcoming. He said, "I have no equation with her. Just a hi or hello." 
Is his wife Namrata stressed about the changing equation in the relationship? It is a well-known fact that Namrata and even Priya were not invited for the recently held wedding anniversary. Gaurav replied, "To each his own. We all live once and it is up to us to make the most of our lives. And today, who has the time for anybody? Our family ties are still strong. It just might be a case of different ideologies. Having said that, how can every family member think alike? I chose my wife. And she chose me. How can you deny anybody his happiness? Sanjay is happy. God bless him." 

When asked about Sanjay's recent foray in politics, Gaurav replied that he anticipated it. "I knew it was coming. But I didn't expect it so soon," he commented. 

Gaurav owns a travel company and is planning to revive his father, Rajendra Kumar's production house, Aryan Films.

Post: 09 Mar. 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check out Rajendra Kumar with son Kumar Gaurav. He may not have followed in his father’s footsteps to box office glory but  Kumar Gaurav  shared a close camaraderie with his dad, late  Rajendra Kumar . An actor who earned the moniker ‘ Jubilee Kumar ’, in the 1960s when six to seven of his films ran in their silver jubilee weeks simultaneously, Rajendra, tried his best to launch his son into stardom, and for a while, even succeeded. He produced and starred in  Gaurav’s  debut vehicle,  Love Story (1981) , which proved to be a blockbuster, not to mention established the young actor as a chocolate hero of the 1980s. He continued to produce films for his son –  Janam (1985)  and  Naam (1986) , (the latter also starred  Gaurav’s  brother-in-law  Sanjay Dutt  in the lead). Gaurav went on to win rave reviews for his performance in the Mahesh Bhatt-directed  Janam (1985)  but his subsequent films failed to make a mark at the box office. Forced to take a long hiatus from act
Kumar Gaurav: 'I'm an actor' Finally, at 40 plus, it seems like   Kumar Gaurav's   second innings has actually started. In the news because of his performance in the late Mazhar Khan's much belated Gang, he has also acted in two rather slick telefilms --  Sikander   and   Chocolate , both directed by Vivek Agnihotri -- which are due for release soon.   . He speaks of the experience in rather staccato bursts, as if unwilling to discuss a career noted, more than anything else, for its massive run of ill luck. For   Bunty , as he is fondly known, is acknowledged as a fine actor. His very first film, Love Story, brought him adulation and bouquets in no mean measure. The industry pundits predicted that a star worth watching had been born. Challenging roles like   Janam (1985)   and   Naam (1986)   followed, but he was unable to reactivate the audience's response to successful stars. Though everyone acknowledged his acting capabilities, his career pe
I don’t miss anything about Bollywood: Kumar Gaurav Actor Kumar Gaurav doesn’t harbour any Regrets about turning his back on films. You’ve been dormant in Bollywood  since the early 1990s. What has kept you occupied? Gaurav : I’ve been keeping busy in life. I have a travel business in Maldives and I was into some construction (business). I’ve not been doing films because I haven’t been getting good offers. Nothing interesting has come my way. The day I get one, I’ll do it because I want to believe in it and enjoy it. I just don’t want to do films for the heck of it. Don’t you miss showbiz? Gaurav : I don’t miss anything about showbiz or Bollywood. My stardom was God’s grace and I am grateful to all my fans and appreciate their love for me. But I very much like my space. I’d rather stay with my family than go out. Do you regret making wrong choices in your career? Gaurav : I don’t have any regrets. You win some, you lose some. That’s the journey o